A visa is COMPULSORY to enter Myanmar. There are two kinds of Myanmar Entry Visas for Tourists in general.
i. Individual visa (Free Independent Traveler) – E.V.T (FIT)
ii. Package Tour – E.V.T
Both visas are issued by a Myanmar Embassy or Consulate. It usually takes 3-5 days to issue these visas. Presently Visa fee is
For E.V.T (package) visa, with the confirmation of your booking, we will send the letter to the Embassy and copy to you by fax or e-mail. Sunbird needs the full name, passport numbers, and nationality from you.
Visa on Arrival
As per announcement from the office of Government from Myanmar, all visitors can obtain visa on arrival for all Nationalities by filling up the form which is available at all airlines to Myanmar.
The visa fees will be as followings:
• Tourist Visa @ US$ 30 with 28 day stay (non – extendable)
• Business Visa @ US$ 40 with 71 day stay (extendable)
• Social Visa @ US$ 40 with 28 day stay (extendable)
• Transit Visa @ US$ 18 with 24 hour stay
Rules & Requirements for the Visa on Arrival applicant as followings:
• A valid passport or travel document not less than (6) months from entry date
• Passenger must have return ticket from Myanmar
• must stay at official licensed hotels, motels and guest houses and need to mention the name precisely in application form.
• For social visit and business purposes, all applicants need to mention precise address of relative, office, factory in application form.
• must bring 2 passport size photos (4×6 cm) taken within last 6 months.
• must agree to follow prevailing laws and orders by authorities as well as to abide by the laws issued by immigrant authority in Myanmar.
• Children under 7 years will be exempt from visa fee
• For individual visitor or tourist, must have USD 300,- to show CASH as evidence of sufficient funds. Families, must have USD 600,- OR must have any foreign currency equivalent to above mentioned amount in USD.
• must agree to follow prevailing visa rules and regulation during their visit in Myanmar.
• Visitors are not allowed to visit restricted areas without notification or permission.
Border Pass Information
Myanmar permitted to enter from Northern Thailand or Yunnan province from China presently. Tourists must have a visa to Myanmar before arrival at the border. It is necessary to get the special permission in advance to enter from the border. SunBird Tours can help you to arrange for this permission approval together with your passport details only if the traverlers book the whole tour arrangement.
From/to China – Myanmar
(Ruili – Muse & China-Xishaungbanna province – Mine Lar – Kyaing Tong)
From/to Thailand – Myanmar
(Mae Sai – Tachilek)
Border check point opens from 6 am. to 6 pm. for weekdays and from 6 am. to 9 pm. for weekends and holidays.